What Is Confirmation?
Confirmation at First Church is an intentional time of exploring what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. We do this in large and small groups through fellowship, conversation, study, mission work, worship, and more. The goal is for your child to grow in the knowledge that he or she is a magnificent creation of the Divine, deeply loved by God, and to understand that God’s love extends beyond him or herself to all creation and all people. By the end of the Confirmation process, we hope your child will desire to follow in Christ’s way and choose to officially join First Church.
Please click the links below for information about the 2018 Confirmation Class and to register.
Contact Rev. Kev with any questions, email@example.com or 860-651-3593.
2018 Confirmation Class
Confirmation Goals and Objectives
Confirmation Schedule, Worship and Attendance Expectations
Youth Information Form
Purple = Events for both Students and Parents
Blue = Large Group Gatherings
Green = Small Group Gatherings and Events
Red = Special Events
Orange = Junior Fellowship and other encouraged events
- Sunday, February 11, 5-7pm Small Group Meeting (Ministry) at host homes
- Wednesday, February 14, 6:30am -8:30am Ash Wednesday “Eggs and Ashes” in Palmer Hall. Come before school, come before work. Enjoy Sal’s famous eggs and receive ashes as together we begin the Season of Lent.
- Friday, February 23, 2:10-4:30pm Junior Fellowship
- March/April (specific times TBD) Pizza with the Pastors in small groups at host homes
- Sunday, March 4, 5-7pm Large Group Meeting (Christianity & Other Religions) in Palmer Hall
- Sunday, March 4, 7-8pm Confirmands attend the first hour of PF Youth Group
- Friday, March 16, 2:10-4:30pm Junior Fellowship
- Sunday, March 18, 5-7pm Small Group Mtg. (Life of the Church) at host homes
- Saturday, March 24, 1pm through Sunday, March 25, 1pm Confirmation Retreat (specific details to be emailed 4-6 weeks before the retreat)
- Thursday, March 29, 6:30-8:30pm Large Group Meeting (Holy Week & Easter) in the Youth Room from 6:30-7:00pm for students and parents followed by the Maundy Thursday Service in the Sanctuary from 7:00-8:00pm for students and parents.
- Sunday, April 1, 6am-10am Youth Hosted Easter Pancake Breakfast
- Friday, April 6, 2:10-4:30pm Junior Fellowship
- Sunday, April 15, 5-7pm Large Group Meeting (Christian Living) in Palmer Hall
- Sunday, April 22, 5-7pm Small Group Meetings (The Faith Journey Continues) at host homes
- Friday, May 4, 2:10-4:30pm Junior Fellowship
- Sunday, May 6, 5-7pm Large Group Closing Dinner for students and parents in Palmer Hall
- Saturday, May 19, 9-10:15am Confirmation Rehearsal in the Sanctuary.
- Sunday, May 20, Confirmands gather at 9:30am; Service begins at 10am. Confirmation Sunday! Family and friends are invited! Join us for a brief reception in Palmer Hall following the service.
- Friday, June 1, 2:10-4:30pm Junior Fellowship (Closing Picnic at Town Forest Park)
- Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22 Vacation Bible School. Talk to Mrs. Cole about being a leader today!
- Sunday, June 24 through Saturday, June 30 Youth Mission Pilgrimage. Save these dates, more information to come!
For more information, contact Rev. Kevin at 651-3593 x16 or firstname.lastname@example.org