Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
At First Church we understand that during a time of loss families and loved ones require support and compassion. Generally speaking, when the loss of a loved one occurs; the funeral home will coordinate much of the arrangements with the church. We recognize that people often have questions. Here we hope you find some of the answers you may be seeking and guidance that you may be ease your mind.
What types of services do you provide for a funeral?
There are several different ways in which a family may choose to proceed:
- A full service at the Church, including a graveside burial service,
- A full service at funeral home, including a graveside burial service,
- A memorial service at the Church, including a graveside burial service
- A memorial service at the Church
- A private graveside service, or
- A memorial garden interment of ashes (more information is available on the Memorial Garden page)
Are there fees associated with clergy or church services?
First Church serves both the needs of its members as well as offers services to non-members. There are modest fees for certain services for members such as an organist or soloist. There is no charge for clergy services or use of the church facilities for members.
For non-members there is a reasonable schedule of fees that covers the cost to the church. Please see the FEE SCHEDULE for more information.